What is MLD Therapy?
Lymphatic drainage therapy is especially useful for individuals who seem to suffer regularly from common illnesses like colds and flu.
It is also recommended for people who lead sedentary lifestyles, or those who want to reduce oedema, puffiness or swelling.
It has been cited as having a positive effect on:
- Problem skin & cellulite
- Dysfunctional respiratory systems
- People with low energy
What are the benefits of manual lymph drain massage?
- Facilitates general feeling of health and vitality
- Improves appearance of skin, reduces puffiness, water retention especially during pregnancy and assists with poor circulation.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, boosting the immunity
- It can help with pain from fractures and sprains and rheumatism, and it promotes the body’s own healing mechanisms.
- Manual Lymphatic drainage techniques facilitate the removal of metabolic wastes, excess water, toxins, bacteria, large protein molecules, and foreign substances from tissue via the initial lymph vessels and the venous capillaries. In addition it relaxes the sympathetic nervous system, reduces pain, and enhances the activity of the immune system.
It is an effective treatment for a variety of issues including oedema, skin disorders, headache, sinus congestion, sprains and aches, stress, digestive disorders and it can be used before and after surgery to remove tissue congestion and minimize scar formation. It is particularly useful as part of post-mastectomy therapy oedema and fibrosis and relieves pain and tension.